Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It rained on our parade...

Monday - Nothing. I drove past after work and all that I could see that had been done was the wooden crossover protector thing.




Tuesday - We were very excited to find that all the boxing had been done in preparation for the concrete to be poured. The guys must have worked at it pretty hard to have the whole thing boxed out in one day.




Wednesday - Concrete (WOO HOO)! Because the boxing looked complete, we had our suspicions that the concrete would be poured today. We decided to leave for work early and do a drive by, and sure enough the concrete truck was there with the pump, hose, etc and they started pouring the concrete as we drove past.



By the time I got back after work it was all done and looking fabulous. I was a bit surprised that all of the boxing (wooden boards) had been removed already, but after a closer inspection of our new pad I found that the concrete was hard already - which was a lot faster than I expected. The only down side is that it rained (showered?) for about 1hr this afternoon so it got all wet, but I'm not worried that it will affect the concrete - I just couldn't get a decent pic!

No comments: