Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Something in the pipeworks....

Our visit on Monday was a pleasant one as we noticed that we now have a temporary fence - haha. No more hoons on our block!

When we went on Tuesday we had our power connected, so we thought that something should be happening soon.

Yesterday I went and I noticed the presence of concrete - they had put in the 5 concrete piers in readiness of the slab, and a blue swirl spray painted on the dirt that I have no idea what it means!

Well, after our regular check today, we have pipes. The backhoe thing was there finishing off moving the dirt, and all the pipes were sticking up - although I am a bit concerned about the one in the middle of our driveway...

I am a little concerned that the front of the house is too close to the footpath. It is supposed to be about 2.4m from the footpath to portico, but judging by the scrape and pipes etc, it looks like it will be about 1m! I sure hope they measured right!
There is still no portaloo so I hope it comes soon, or that the tradies have the ability to hold on!

1 comment:

Muzz & Holly said...

Hi - I wouldn't worry about the house being too close to the footpath - when we got ours started, it looked like it was only 3m away, but now that the concrete is up, it's the correct 5m away =)